Effective Date: June 19, 2018
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire wireless services. If you are a wireless customer of C Spire Wireless, we collect certain information by and through your use of the wireless services we provide. This may include basic subscriber information such as your name, address, email address, mobile number, Social Security number, date of birth, Account PIN, login details, payment information (such as credit card or bank account details) as well as call detail information (such as numbers contacted by you), location information and other information used to provide wireless services to you. We also collect information related to the use and location of your device and our network, applications downloaded to your device, amounts of data used, volume, length, type and duration of mobile service use (e.g., SMS, voice, picture messaging, etc.), visits to C Spire stores, contact with customer care, service history, billing history, device history, and your use of our Sites and other Services. We also may collect additional information when you give us permission to do so.
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire home services. If you are a home services customer of C Spire, we collect certain information by and through your use of the home services we provide. This may include basic subscriber information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security number, date of birth, Account PIN, login details, and payment information (such as credit card or bank account details). We also collect information related to the use of our home services including the type and amount of usage of the services, amounts of data used on the internet, phone and/or TV, as applicable. If you are a home phone customer, we collect call detail information (such as numbers contacted by you), location information and other information used to provide services to you. If you are a C Spire TV customer, we collect pseudonymized data concerning viewership. We also collect information related to contact with customer care, service history, billing history, device history, and your use of our Sites and other Services.
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire business services. If you are a business services customer of C Spire, we collect certain information by and through use of the business services we provide. This may include business contact information such as name, title, company, email address, login details, and phone number. We also collect information related to use of our business services such as mailbox usage, legal hold support, email security, data loss prevention and e-discovery support. Some of our Services, like our cloud solutions, allow our business services customers to store information they control about you. When we handle information about you on behalf of our customers, we do so at their instruction as a processor. To learn about the information our business customers services have us process, please contact the business service customer (the controller) directly.
- Information you provide through of your use of the Sites. Whether you are a C Spire customer or not, when you use our Sites, we collect information concerning your use of the Sites. We also automatically collect general log data information, like your IP address, your interactions with the Sites and with third-party sites, and your geographic region. Please read the "Tracking Technologies and Passive Collection" section below for more information about automatic collection practices on the Sites. If C Spire seeks to collect any additional Sites-related information from you, C Spire will inform you in the terms and conditions of such offerings prior to your agreement to participate in same, and provide you the ability to opt-out of our collection and use of such information.
- Information you choose to provide. At times, we may offer you an opportunity to provide additional information to further personalize your services. If you choose to do so, you may choose to complete a profile, answer a survey and/or provide us additional information regarding your interests and preferences. You may also choose to interact with C Spire on social media and provide information via such interaction.
- Miscellaneous. We may also collect, from you, personal information about your contacts including email address or phone number when you choose to refer our Services to them. When you provide us with personal information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason it was provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Separately, we obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. Sometimes we purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you to create more tailored advertising and products. We may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
C Spire does not design its Sites to attract, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Ordering Services from C Spire is limited to adults (eighteen (18) years of age or older or as otherwise legally defined).
We use this information to:
- To determine customer eligibility for our Services
- To provide Services to our customers wireless services, home services and business services customers.
- Fulfill your order and send order confirmation
- To administer and maintain accounts
- Send you information regarding our Services
- Respond to customer service issues
- With regard to C Spire TV, to provide you recommendations based for content you might enjoy
- To send you marketing communications about our Services or the products or services of third parties, whether via regular mail, email, or SMS text
- Administer contests and sweepstakes you have entered, and notify you if you won
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based on your interests and/or location
- To manage our network
- To improve our Sites, Services and marketing efforts
- Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, offering customer service and analysis, providing and administering our Sites and Services, and/or providing software platforms for the Sites. These service providers (and in the case of our processing activities for business service customers, sub-service providers) are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Disclaimer. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to government request; or if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you have regarding your personal information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent.
USER ACCESS AND CHOICE
C Spire prides itself on providing you a personalized experience. But we understand that participating in personalization is your choice to make. That is why we have created a Your Preference Profile, so you may view your choices about how we may contact you. If you are a customer of C Spire and the Account Holder, then you can manage the privacy preferences of each mobile number on your account. If you are not the Account Holder on the C Spire account, you may have the ability to manage certain preferences subject to modification by the Account Holder.
Upon request, C Spire will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request that we stop collection of and/or delete certain information by logging into Your Preference Profile or sending an email with such request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In our capacity as a processor for our business services customers, we acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. C Spire has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to our business services customer (the data controller). If requested by a business services customer to remove personal information, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing our Services.
Section 222 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, as amended (the "Telecommunications Act") establishes certain criteria regarding the use of certain telephone customer information that we collect from our customers solely by virtue of the customer-carrier relationship, such as quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications services you receive, as well as billing information. The Telecommunications Act refers to this type of information as "customer proprietary network information," or CPNI. C Spire will disclose and/or use CPNI only as permitted by the Telecommunications Act and applicable rules and regulations. In complying with the Telecommunications Act, we may ask for our customers opt in to our use of certain information for marketing purposes. You may change these preferences at any time by visiting Your Preference Profile.
We may periodically contact you regarding promotions, offers, products or services from C Spire, its affiliates, and/or third parties via email, SMS text message and regular mail. We may also periodically contact you regarding your C Spire account status, phone or other matters relevant to C Spire customers or potential customers. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us as provided in Your Preference Profile. You also have the ability to cease receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, following the instructions contained within emails you receive, and by sending STOP in reply to a promotional text.TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND PASSIVE COLLECTION
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used on the Sites by C Spire and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the Sites. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Sites while persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of users to enhance your experience and personalization on the Sites. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personal information you submit while on the Sites.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. As discussed above, this information includes IP addresses, browser type, ISP provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole.
C Spire takes precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using a secure connection. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We may retain personal information we control and personal information we process on behalf of our business services customers for as long as an account is active, as needed to provide you or our business services customers with Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce our agreements.
Also note that when you use third party applications or some portions of the Sites such as social networking services, any personal information you share is visible to other users and C Spire cannot protect it. You are responsible for the protection of the personal information you choose to share on third party applications or open portions of the Websites. Please be careful when doing so.
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss the privacy policies and practices of C Spire, you may contact us by phone, email or regular mail at the address set forth below:
1018 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 300
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
Attn: Director, Product Development & Management
Support 24 hours a day: 1-855-CSPIRE5 (277-4735)
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.