Effective Date: February 9, 2015
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire wireless service. If you are a wireless customer of C Spire Wireless, we collect certain information by and through your use of the wireless services we provide. This may include basic subscriber information such as your name, address and mobile number, as well as call detail information such as numbers contacted by you, location information and other information used to provide wireless service to you. We also collect information related to the use and location of your device and our network, applications downloaded to your device, amounts of data used, volume, length, type and duration of mobile service use (e.g., SMS, voice, picture messaging, etc.), visits to C Spire stores, contact with customer care, service history, billing history, device history, and your use of our website, applications and other products and services. We also may collect additional information when you give us permission to do so, like the websites you visit (URLs) while using our wireless service.
- Information you provide through of your use of the Sites. Whether you are a C Spire customer or not, when you use our Sites, we collect information concerning your use of our website, applications and other products and services. We also automatically collect general log data information, like your IP address, your interactions with the Sites and with third-party sites, and your geographic region. We also may collect demographic information such as age, education, gender, and ZIP code. In addition, your participation in certain personalized offerings on the Sites may lead to C Spire's collection of information from you; however, C Spire will inform you in the terms and conditions of such offerings prior to your agreement to participate in same, and provide you the ability to opt-out of our collection and use of such information.
- Personally identifiable information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that could be used to determine your identity (e.g., your name or email address). When you log in to the Sites, you will create a login in which we may ask for your email address, password and mobile number.
- Information you choose to provide. At times, we may offer you an opportunity to provide additional information to further personalize your services. If you choose to do so, you may choose to complete a profile and/or provide us additional information regarding your interests and preferences.
- Information from third-party services you link to the Sites. You may choose to visit certain C Spire properties available on third party social media sites, and in certain instances you may have the opportunity to link your third party profile to your C Spire login. If you choose to do so, you give C Spire permission to authenticate your identity, access and use your information from that third party service to the extent permitted by that service. These services may give you the option to post information about your participation in the Sites to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- Miscellaneous. We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. Sometimes we purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you to create more tailored advertising and products. We may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
C Spire does not design its Websites to attract, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Ordering online products and services from C Spire is limited to adults (eighteen (18) years of age or older or as otherwise legally defined).
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order and send order confirmation
- Provide you personalized services and experiences on our Sites
- To administer and maintain accounts, including rewards program accounts
- Send you information regarding our products and services
- Respond to customer service issues
- To send you marketing communications about our services or the products or services of third parties, whether via regular mail, email, or SMS text
- Administer contests and sweepstakes you have entered, and notify you if you won
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Improve our company and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based on your interests and/or location
- Facilitate communication with other users of our Sites
- Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, offering customer service and analysis, and/or providing software platforms for the Sites. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Disclaimer. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to government request; or if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you have regarding your personal information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent.
USER ACCESS AND CHOICE
C Spire prides itself on providing you a personalized experience. But we understand that participating in personalization is your choice to make. That is why we have created a Your Preference Profile, so you may view your choices about how we may contact you. If you are a customer of C Spire and the Account Holder, then you can manage the privacy preferences of each mobile number on your account. If you are not the Account Holder on the C Spire account, you may have the ability to manage certain preferences subject to modification by the Account Holder.
You may request that we stop collection and delete certain information by sending an email with such request to email@example.com; however, please note that we have legal obligations to retain certain information, and must retain certain information necessary for us to provide our customers services. Notwithstanding these limitations, if you make such a request, we will stop the collection and ensure that information we are not otherwise legally obligated to keep and not needed to provide the services is removed according to our normal processes.
Section 222 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, as amended (the "Telecommunications Act") establishes certain criteria regarding the use of certain telephone customer information that we collect from our customers solely by virtue of the customer-carrier relationship, such as quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications services you receive, as well as billing information. The Telecommunications Act refers to this type of information as "customer proprietary network information," or CPNI. C Spire will disclose and/or use CPNI only as permitted by the Telecommunications Act and applicable rules and regulations. In complying with the Telecommunications Act, we may ask for our customers opt in to our use of certain information for marketing purposes. You may change these preferences at any time by visiting Your Preference profile.
We may periodically contact you regarding promotions, offers, products or services from C Spire, its affiliates, and/or third parties via email, SMS text message and/or other methods. We may also periodically contact you regarding your C Spire account status, phone or other matters relevant to C Spire customers or potential customers. You may opt out of receiving communications from us as provided in Your Preference Profile You also have the ability to choose to remove your name from the list for receiving emails at any time by following the instructions contained within the emails, and to remove your name from list to receive texts by texting STOP in reply at any time.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by C Spire and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies on the Sites. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our site while persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of site users to enhance your experience and personalization on the Sites. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the Sites.
You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site may be limited.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. As discussed above, this information includes IP addresses, browser type, ISP provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information, except that IP addresses may be tied to personally identifiable information.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences, or display content based upon what you view on the Sites to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To manage Flash cookies please click here.
C Spire takes precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Also note that when you use third party applications or some portions of the Websites such as the forums and social networking services, any personal information you share is visible to other users and C Spire cannot protect it. You are responsible for the protection of the personal information you choose to share on third party applications or open portions of the Websites. Please be careful when doing so.
Our Sites may offer community forums, such as Inner Circle. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. The profile you create on our Sites will be publically accessible unless otherwise indicated. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
You may have the ability log in to our Sites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss the privacy policies and practices of C Spire, you may contact us by phone, email or regular mail at the address set forth below:
1018 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 300
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
Attn: Director, Product Development & Management
Support 24 hours a day: 1-855-CSPIRE5 (277-4735)
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.