C Spire to Extend its Industry-First Rolling Data to Popular Shared Plans this Month
Added benefit an extension of provider’s long-standing belief in overage protection for consumers
Ridgeland, Miss. - (January 7, 2015) – C Spire, the first U.S. mobile provider to introduce rolling data plans last November, will soon debut another industry first for families and businesses –shareable rolling data for three of its most popular plans, which promise to save users money and eliminate surprise data overages.
The expanded benefits will be added on 10 GB, 15 GB and 30 GB shared data plans beginning Jan. 19 at no additional cost. Current customers on these plans will automatically be converted to an updated version with rolling shared data. Customers on other plans can switch to one of the rolling shared data plans at no cost.
An important, customer-inspired feature of the plans allows users to save and share across multiple lines any unused data for use in the next month. This key plan feature reinforces C Spire’s commitment to customer simplicity, ease of use, overage protection and real value, according to Suzy Hays, senior vice president of Consumer Markets for C Spire.
“We’ve had rave reviews from customers and the news media since we launched our ground-breaking individual rolling data plans last fall,” Hays said. “Extending rolling data to shared plans is a great value for families and businesses and a natural extension of our customer-centric approach in helping users control their bills and avoid data overages.”
How it Works
- All existing customers on C Spire’s three most popular shared data plans will automatically receive the rollover data feature with no sign up required and at no additional cost.
- Any unused data from the previous month will be rolled over to the next month for sharing among all users up to the plan’s included monthly data amount.
- Unlike other providers, C Spire does not force consumers to use plan data first or eliminate any unused rollover data at the end of each month. Instead, rollover data can be accumulated, shared and used among all individuals up to the plan’s included monthly data amount.
- Free automatic data overage protection, eliminating the specter of surprise charges on users’ monthly bills, with optional data top up passes available on their device.
- Better value on shared plans over two other major providers for unlimited voice, text and 10 GBs of data for $35 a month for up to four users - a savings of up to $20 a month - and $95 a month for 30 GB of data and four users.
- Device tethering for smartphones is included in the plans.
- Unlike other providers, shared rolling data is available on plans with two year contracts as well as those with device payment options.
The three new rolling data plans introduced in November offer consumers a choice of price points - $40, $55 and $65 a month for 2 GB, 4 GB and 6 GB of rolling data and unlimited talk, text and photos along with data overage protection and optional top-up data passes on the company’s nationwide 4G+ LTE mobile broadband network.
About C Spire
C Spire is a diversified telecommunications and technology services company that provides world-class customer service and a superior comprehensive suite of customer-inspired wireless communications, high-speed Internet access and a range of other telecommunications products and services to consumers and businesses with a personal focus. This news release and other announcements are available at www.cspire.com/news. For more information about C Spire, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire or Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire.