C Spire Wireless debuts Samsung Galaxy S® 4 smartphone today on its 4G LTE network
Next generation of Galaxy S smartphone combines provider’s exclusive suite of personalized services with more leading-edge innovations and government-grade security
Ridgeland, Miss. (July 8, 2013) – C Spire Wireless, the only U.S provider that makes wireless conveniently personal, introduced the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S® 4 smartphone today on its fast, reliable 4G LTE® network powered by optical fiber infrastructure.
“This phone features a unique suite of easy to use innovations that promise to change how consumers interact with their primary communications device,” said Kevin Hankins, COO for C Spire Wireless. “We’re excited to introduce it on our fast, reliable network, which is powered by our advanced optical fiber-based infrastructure.”
The sleek and slim smartphone weighs 4.6 ounces, is 7.9 millimeters thin and comes with a 5-inch full HD 1080p Super AMOLED™ display. The device features Android’s 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) mobile operating system and runs on a 1.9 GHz quad core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. Available in two color models, Black Mist and White Frost, the phone is powered by a removable 2,600 mAh battery.
The touchscreen device features a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a front-facing 2-megapixel camera with LED flash, autofocus and 1080p HD video recording in both dual shot and recording mode for stunning photos and video using new photo features like Dual Shot™, which allows the use of both cameras simultaneously so users can include themselves in pictures and videos.
The Galaxy S 4 also includes several other innovative features and applications, including:
- Drama Shot: Use this camera mode to capture a progressive event, like a baby’s first steps or a basketball player’s slam dunk, in one frame.
- Eraser Shot: Remove unwanted objects or people from an otherwise perfect picture.
- Smart Pause™: Pause a video by looking away from the screen.
- WatchON™: Simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchOn and the built in IR blaster, the Galaxy S 4 also functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- Air Gesture™: Answer a call or skip to the next song by waving your hand in front of the screen. Useful when your hands are otherwise occupied.
- Air View™: Preview emails, photos in gallery, or even the stories in Flipboard® by hovering your finger over the screen.
- Group Play: Connects up to 8 phones wirelessly to play games, share favorite tunes, photos and documents with no Wi-Fi required.
- Safe™ (Samsung for Enterprise): Allows users to work without worry on their office network or wherever they happen to be working.
Hankins said the Galaxy S 4 comes with a suite of built-in C Spire apps that help deliver on the company’s promise of a making wireless conveniently personal, including:
- Vū, the world’s first comprehensive online content personalization tool that delivers content users need and want
- WiFi On, an Android app that gives consumers access to the largest Wi-Fi network in the world, ensuring the highest quality and fastest connections for customers across all Wi-Fi networks
Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy S 4 is available online at www.cspire.com, in all C Spire retail stores and through the company’s telesales group at 1.855.277.4734 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement that includes data services.
Samsung, Galaxy S, WatchOn, Air View, Air Gesture and Super AMOLED are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
LTE is a trademark of 3GPP
About C Spire Wireless
C Spire Wireless is a diversified communications and technology services company passionately committed to making wireless service conveniently personal. The company is the first in the U.S. to personalize customer service by powering its fast 3G and 4G LTE networks with extensive optical fiber infrastructure, offering plans with unlimited and shared voice and data, products and services with key customer-inspired elements and the industry’s first engagement-based rewards program. This news release and other announcements are available at www.cspire.com/news. For more information about C Spire Wireless and its products and services, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire, Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire, Google + or www.pinterest.com/cspirewireless.
About Samsung SAFE™
Disclaimer of Warranties: TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG TELECOMMUNICATIONS AMERICA, LLC, AND THEIR AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS THE “SAMSUNG ENTITIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, INTEROPERABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES AND SAFE™ APPLICATIONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SAMSUNG ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES OR SAFE™ APPLICATIONS. In addition, information technology security protection will be affected by features or functionality associated with, among other things the e-mail platform, master data management, and virtual private network solutions selected by the software provider, solution provider or user. Choice of an e-mail, master data management, and virtual private network solution is at the sole discretion of the software provider, solution provider or user and any associated effect on information technology security protection is solely the responsibility of the software provider, solution provider or user. For complete statement of limited warranty, please refer to
www.samsung.com/us/safe, available on the web and where Samsung smartphone and Galaxy Tab™ devices are sold.