Fast Gets Faster: C Spire Wireless Announces Readiness Of High-Speed 4G LTE Mobile Broadband Services For Launch
Carrier Completes Network Readiness Milestones and Continues Testing on First 4G LTE Devices In Advance of September Rollout of Next-Generation Services Offering Speeds Up to 10 Times Faster
Ridgeland, Miss. (Aug. 31, 2012) – C Spire Wireless, the only U.S. provider that offers consumers and businesses a suite of personalized wireless services, today announced the readiness of its network for the introduction of commercial 4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) high-speed mobile broadband services in the next several days.
Testing continues on the first 4G LTE smartphones and connected devices to ensure that customers have the best possible experience when the initial devices are available in September. Recent bad weather caused by Hurricane Isaac has not impacted the company’s network readiness efforts or delayed plans to offer the next-generation services.
“We’re excited about completing all of the network preparations for the commercial launch of 4G LTE services and we’re looking forward to finishing our end-to-end testing very soon for all of our new, cutting-edge 4G LTE devices,” said Hu Meena, president and CEO of C Spire Wireless.
C Spire plans to launch 4G LTE services in 31 Mississippi markets between September and mid-October. Another six markets will be added by the end of 2012 as part of the company’s multi-million dollar investment. The markets will cover 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and 364 cell sites. The new service will provide 4 out of every 10 consumers and businesses in Mississippi with wireless data speeds up to 10 times faster, allowing C Spire to be the first provider to make these services widely available in the state.
Since announcing its 4G LTE plans in early March, the company:
- Installed and tested all major, state-of-the-art core network elements required to launch the next generation of high-speed mobile broadband services
- Near completion of the final phase of installation and turn up of base station equipment for the 364 plus cell sites that will power 4G LTE services
- Integrated Ethernet backhaul at all cell sites using fiber optic cable to boost overall 4G LTE data rates as well as 3G data service and voice capacity
- Near completion of field testing for maximum optimization of initial launch markets in the company’s high-speed 4G LTE network
“A 4G LTE broadband network is only as good as the devices that accompany it – bringing the high-speed mobile broadband experience to life,” Meena said. “C Spire has some exciting, new 4G LTE smartphones and other connected devices coming soon that can take advantage of these faster data speeds to download apps faster, open files almost instantly, do real-time video chat and download or stream movies, songs, soundtracks and more without the wait.”
C Spire’s first 4G LTE device, the Motorola Photon™ Q, will be available soon with the launch of the company’s next generation network. The smartphone features a PC-like full QWERTY keyboard, a large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (quarter high definition) display, 1.5 GHz dual core processor, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile OS, an 8 megapixel digital zoom rear-facing camera with 1080p capture and playback along with an HD front-facing camera and 8 GB of onboard memory.
Other 4G LTE enabled devices include:
- The Samsung Galaxy S® III. Pre-order for the 4G LTE smartphone will begin soon at www.cspire.com/gs3. The device features a brilliant 4.8 inch Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display, a Qualcomm®™ Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual core processor, Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile operating system, 16 GB of onboard storage, an 8 MP camera with 1080p HD quality recording and a removable 2100 mAh battery.
- The Franklin Wireless 4G LTE Smart USB Modem (2 in 1) USB modem + mobile hotspot). The device will provide super-fast 4G LTE wireless access to any data-enabled devices, including a PC, netbook, tablet or smartphone.
Pricing and availability for all of the new 4G LTE smartphones and connected devices will be announced soon.
Personalized wireless from C Spire is a package of different wireless services and programs that combine to reflect and serve each customer’s unique needs. Customers see this unique personalization in apps and content that fit them, services that anticipate their needs, and rewards they get just for using their phone in new ways. In addition to PERCS®, specific examples of C Spire’s industry-first personalized wireless services include SCOUT and CIRCLE.
“4G LTE is the next generation of high-speed mobile broadband services from C Spire that allow you to access SCOUT for recommendations on apps, music, books, and movies; earn PERCS® points through our loyalty program; and engage in CIRCLE, our customer community, faster than ever before,” said Kevin Hankins, chief operating officer for C Spire Wireless.
For more information about C Spire’s 4G LTE roll out, plans and devices and personalized services, go to www.cspire.com/4g.
About C Spire Wireless
C Spire Wireless is a diversified wireless communications company passionately committed to helping customers by personalizing wireless services designed just for them. The company is the first wireless provider in the U.S. to personalize customers’ experience by offering apps that fit who they are, services that anticipate their needs, and rewards for using their phone in new ways – all with seamless ease and at amazingly fast speeds. This news release and other announcements are available at www.cspire.com/news. For more information about C Spire Wireless and its products and services, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire or Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire or Google + or www.pinterest.com/cspirewireless