This phone has ...
High-Speed Data CapableHigh-Speed Data CapableYes
A high-speed data capable device is capable of accessing C Spire's 3G high-speed wireless network, which means you'll benefit from faster uploads and downloads when connecting to the Internet from the device. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature in order to access the Internet.
An on-board video camera will record and play videos. The number of frames per second at which the video camera records and the length of each recording vary so click on "List of Features" to see this device's video player specifications. A microSD™ card may be required to record video. Saving video files to a memory card will reduce the impact large video files have on the device's memory capacity.
An on-board camera will record and display images. A microSD™ card may be required to record images. Saving images to a memory card will reduce the impact large files have on the device's memory capacity.
Music PlayerMusic PlayerYes
An on-board music player will support various file formats like MP3, WMA, MIDI, WVA, AAC and more. Supported file formats are specific to each device so click on "List of Features" to see this device's music player specifications. A microSD™ card or USB cable may be required if the device is capable of transferring music from a PC.
Bluetooth CapableBluetooth CapableYes
Bluetooth® is a short-range wireless communications technology. Basically, it connects your device to other objects (like a headset) without the use of wires and has a range of about 30 feet.
If a device is "Bluetooth capable," it accepts certain "profiles" which determine what objects can be connected to wirelessly and what type of actions can be performed. Click on "List of Features" to see this devices's Bluetooth profiles. Additional equipment may be required.
A speakerphone is a microphone/loudspeaker combination provided in the device. The loudspeaker broadcasts the voice(s) of those on the other end of the line, while the microphone captures the voice(s) of those using the speakerphone.
A device is capable of picking up radio stations. A handsfree accessory may be required to listen to radio stations. Click "List of Features" to learn more about the radio feature on this phone.
Tethering is sharing the Internet connection of an Internet-capable mobile phone with other devices. This sharing can be done over a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), over Bluetooth, or by physical connection using a cable. The Internet-connected mobile phone acts as a portable modem when providing tethering services to other devices.
A 1GB Tethering Pass is available for $20 for 30 days. Learn more about tethering.
Hearing Aid CompatibleHearing Aid CompatibleYes
Devices with a hearing aid-compatible designation are rated in terms of radio frequency emissions and telecoil coupling. Only devices that meet the Federal Communications Commission's guidelines for hearing aid compliance are listed as compatible. Click on "List of Features" to see this device's hearing aid-compatibility rating. For more information, also visit cspire.com/hac.
By the numbers
Battery Type1750 mAh Li-IonBattery Type
The size of the device's battery in milliampere-hours and the type of rechargeable battery. Li-ion is an abbreviation of lithium-ion.
Dimensions4.95" x 2.3" x 0.98" (HxWxD)Dimensions
The height, width and depth of the device, measured in inches.
FrequenciesCDMA 850/1900 MHzFrequencies
The radio frequency bands this device will operate on.
Standby TimeUp to 35 daysStandby Time
The length of time this device will stay charged when not in use or connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Talk TimeUp to 9 hoursTalk Time
The length of time you can talk on a fully charged device. Using other device features at the same time affects this.
The weight of the device, measured in ounces or grams.
- Travel Charger
- USB Data Cable
- 3.5 mm to USB Adapter
List of Features
- IP-68 certified, submersible to 6.5 feet for 1 hour
- Mic and speakers protected by a waterproof GORE™ Protective Vents
- MIL-810G certified (including salt, humidity, transport shock and thermal shock)
- Hardened rubber molded to Fiberglass casing mix by dual injection
- Rated to 6.5 feet drop onto concrete from any angle
- Vibration protection from 5Hz to 500Hz and shock resistant up to 4G
- Non-porous casing blocks entry of dust and micro-particles
- Operational range -5°F to +130°F
- Shock and scratch resistant 1.5mm thick Corning® Gorilla® Glass screen
- Widely-spaced keys for ease-of-use with gloved hands
- Impact resistant up to 5J on housing and 2J of impact energy onscreen (equivalent of a 14 feet drop of a 2 oz steel ball on the display)
- 2-inch high-resolution display for high visibility (QVGA 240x320)
- 3G High-Speed Data Capable
- 2-megapixel camera with LED flash and video recording capability
- LED torch light (functions like a flashlight)
- Memory is expandable with a microSD™ card (up to 8GB), sold separately
- Music player supports the following formats: MP3, MIDI, AAC, AMR and WMA
- Video player supports the following formats: MP4, 3gp, k3g, 3g2
- FM radio tuner (requires wired headset, sold separately)
- One single 23mm diameter water resistant speaker specially designed for higher volume transmission and reception
- Omni-directional microphone with noise cancellation
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP) Bluetooth® profile - Streams audio in stereo from a phone to headphones
- Handsfree (HFP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless speakerphone (e.g., handsfree car kit)
- Headset (HSP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless headset and supports simultaneous two-way (full-duplex) audio
- Object Push (OPP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables one Bluetooth device to transfer (push) an object (image or contact only) to another
- Hearing Aid Compatible - M4, T3 rating
- Alarm clock, notes, to-do list, calculator, stopwatch, world clock, unit converter
Great Extras for Your DeviceSee more accessories
Sonim Belt Clip$25.99
Sonim USB Cable$17.99
Sonim 3.5mm to MicroUSB Adapter$19.99
Transcend 8GB microSDHC Memory Card$14.99
Transcend 4GB microSDHC Memory Card$9.99
Transcend USB Card Reader$10.99
urBeats In-Ear Headphones (Black)$99.95
Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker (Black)$199.95
Beats Wireless Over Ear Headphone (Black)$279.95
Beats Solo HD Over Ear Headphone (White)$200.00
Plantronics BackBeat 903 Wireless Stereo Headphones$79.99
BlueAnt Q2 Smart Bluetooth Headset$99.99
Jawbone The Thinker Handsfree Bluetooth Headset$109.99
Motorola HX550 Bluetooth Headset$59.99
Sonim Standard Battery$49.99
Sonim Travel Charger$29.99
- Using Call Waiting
While on a call, an audible beep will signal another call. To answer the new call, press the green Send key. The Send key is also used to switch between calls.Collapse
- Muting a Call
While on a call, press the round center Menu key.Collapse
- Checking Missed Calls
A missed call indicator will appear on the display after missing a call. To view the call details, press Menu > Call History > Missed.Collapse
- Recharging Your Phone
The battery meter in the top left corner of the display can be used to gauge how much battery life is left. The battery meter will flash and a warning message will alert you when the battery’s current charge is almost depleted. The charger port is on the left side of the device below the headset port.Collapse
- Making a Three-Way or Conference Call
While on a call, press Options > Phonebook. Find the next contact and select Call. When the second party answers, press the green Send key to connect all three parties.Collapse
- Adding Contacts to Your Address Book
Select Contacts by pressing the right selection key and select Add by pressing the center Menu key. Use the keypad to enter the contact’s information and use the arrow keys to change fields. Press the center Menu key to save the contact to your phone.Collapse
- Sending a Text Message
Press Menu > Messages > Text Message > Write Message > Enter Recipient > Enter Message > Send.Collapse
- Reading a Text Message
An envelope icon will appear on the display when you have a new text message. To read the message, select View Now.Collapse
- Changing the Text Message Notification
From the home screen, press Menu > Settings > Tone Settings > Message Alert Tone > Tap new tone to save.Collapse
- Setting Up Voice Mail
Press and hold the 1 key to connect to your voice mail. Follow the instructions to set your password and message. .Collapse
- Checking Voice Mail Messages
- Changing the Voice Mail Notification
Press and hold the 1 key to connect to your voice mail. From there, follow the instructions to edit the message.Collapse
Mobile Web/BREW Apps
- Downloading BREW apps
From the home screen, press Menu > BREW > Mobile Shop > Catalog > Select a Category > Select an App > Show Price Options > Select a price.Collapse
- Navigating the BREW Catalog
There are several categories of downloads including Ringtones, Wallpapers, Games and Mixed Bag. Choose the media type you’re looking for and enter. Once you’ve entered Ringtones, for example, there are several different ringtone services to browse. You can purchase different "uses" for different price levels. One "use" translates to one ringtone.Collapse
- Deleting a BREW App
From the home screen, press Menu > BREW > BREW > Settings > Manage Apps > Select App > Cancel Subscription/Delete.Collapse
- Taking a Picture
Once you take the picture, press Options > Send > Via Multimedia Message, enter the contact, subject and message, then press Send..Collapse
- Sending a Picture
From the home screen, press Menu > Browser.Collapse
- Pairing with a Bluetooth Headset
Press Menu > Settings > Bluetooth > Paired Devices > New > choose the device to connect.Collapse
- Answering a Call
Press the Answer button on the headset.Collapse
- Switching Between Headset and Phone
Power the headset off or disable Bluetooth on your phone.Collapse
- Adding a Bookmark
Navigate to the URL you want to save, press Menu > Bookmarks > Add Bookmark > Save.Collapse
- Adding a Home Screen Shortcut
From the home screen press Menu > Settings > Shortcuts. Choose the shortcut you want to add, select the action and press Select.Collapse
- Setting a Customer Wallpaper
Press Menu > Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Image > Choose an image > Select.Collapse
- Setting Up Email
From the home screen, press Menu > Messages > Email Messages > Create an account > follow the on-screen instructions.Collapse