This phone has ...
Windows PhoneWindows PhoneYes
High-Speed Data CapableHigh-Speed Data CapableYes
A high-speed data capable device is capable of accessing C Spire's 3G high-speed wireless network, which means you'll benefit from faster uploads and downloads when connecting to the Internet from the device. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature in order to access the Internet.
Touch ScreenTouch ScreenYes
A device offering touch screen functionality.
Web BrowserWeb BrowserYes
A mobile Web browser is a software application that enables a user to display and interact with text, images, videos, music, games and other information typically located on a Web page. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature to use this device's Web browser.
Some devices have an email client built in while others can download a program for sending and receiving email. Click "List of Features" to learn more about email on this device. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature in order to access email.
An on-board camera will record and display images. A microSD™ card may be required to record images. Saving images to a memory card will reduce the impact large files have on the device's memory capacity.
Bluetooth CapableBluetooth CapableYes
Bluetooth® is a short-range wireless communications technology. Basically, it connects your device to other objects (like a headset) without the use of wires and has a range of about 30 feet.
If a device is "Bluetooth capable," it accepts certain "profiles" which determine what objects can be connected to wirelessly and what type of actions can be performed. Click on "List of Features" to see this devices's Bluetooth profiles. Additional equipment may be required.
Music PlayerMusic PlayerYes
An on-board music player will support various file formats like MP3, WMA, MIDI, WVA, AAC and more. Supported file formats are specific to each device so click on "List of Features" to see this device's music player specifications. A microSD™ card or USB cable may be required if the device is capable of transferring music from a PC.
An on-board video camera will record and play videos. The number of frames per second at which the video camera records and the length of each recording vary so click on "List of Features" to see this device's video player specifications. A microSD™ card may be required to record video. Saving video files to a memory card will reduce the impact large video files have on the device's memory capacity.
A speakerphone is a microphone/loudspeaker combination provided in the device. The loudspeaker broadcasts the voice(s) of those on the other end of the line, while the microphone captures the voice(s) of those using the speakerphone.
Voice CommandVoice CommandYes
Voice command is the ability for a device to respond to spoken commands, such as "Call Home," by understanding the sounds and then completing the action. Voice command converts spoken words to machine-readable input for the purposes of performing certain actions.
Tethering is sharing the Internet connection of an Internet-capable mobile phone with other devices. This sharing can be done over a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), over Bluetooth, or by physical connection using a cable. The Internet-connected mobile phone acts as a portable modem when providing tethering services to other devices.
A 1GB Tethering Pass is available for $20 for 30 days. Learn more about tethering.
Hearing Aid CompatibleHearing Aid CompatibleYes
Devices with a hearing aid-compatible designation are rated in terms of radio frequency emissions and telecoil coupling. Only devices that meet the Federal Communications Commission's guidelines for hearing aid compliance are listed as compatible. Click on "List of Features" to see this device's hearing aid-compatibility rating. For more information, also visit cspire.com/hac.
By the numbers
Battery Type1500 mAh Li-IonBattery Type
The size of the device's battery in milliampere-hours and the type of rechargeable battery. Li-ion is an abbreviation of lithium-ion.
Dimensions4.63" x 2.32" x 0.61" (HxWxD)Dimensions
The height, width and depth of the device, measured in inches.
FrequenciesCDMA 850/1900 MHzFrequencies
The radio frequency bands this device will operate on.
Standby TimeUp to 15 daysStandby Time
The length of time this device will stay charged when not in use or connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Talk TimeUp to 4.8 hoursTalk Time
The length of time you can talk on a fully charged device. Using other device features at the same time affects this.
The weight of the device, measured in ounces or grams.
- Travel Charger
- Quick Reference Guide
List of Features
- Windows Phone 7®
- 3.6-inch WVGA touch-screen display
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor
- Memory: 512MB ROM, 576MB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash
- 720p HD video recording
- Sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi®: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- Play games with Xbox LIVE®
- Zune® music player supports MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, WMA pro, AMR
- FM radio tuner
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Digital compass, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, GPS
- Windows® Marketplace
- Microsoft Office Mobile software (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile and OneNote Mobile)
- SharePoint Workspace lets you view, edit and download documents stored on Microsoft SharePoint® Server 2010
- Speaker-dependent voice dialing
- Dedicated home, back and search keys
- Hearing Aid Compatible - M3, T3 rating
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP) Bluetooth® profile - Streams audio in stereo from a phone to headphones
- Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP) Bluetooth® profile - Sends commands from stereo headphones to a phone
- Handsfree (HFP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless speakerphone (e.g., handsfree car kit)
- Headset (HSP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless headset and supports simultaneous two-way (full-duplex) audio
- Phone Book Access (PBA) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a handsfree car kit to receive the name of the incoming caller from the phone's contact list
Great Extras for Your DeviceSee more accessories
iFrogz InTone EarBuds (Black/White)$19.99
iFrogz InTone EarBuds (White)$19.99
iFrogz InTone EarBuds (Pink/White)$19.99
Samsung HS130 In-ear Headphones (Black)$19.99
Samsung HS130 In-ear Headphones (White)$19.99
Samsung HS130 In-ear Headphones (Pink)$19.99
Moshi Mythro Earbuds (Rose Pink)$29.99
Moshi Mythro Earbuds (Satin Gold)$29.99
Moshi Mythro Earbuds (Gunmetal Gray)$29.99
Outdoor Tech Tags Wireless Earbuds (Black)$59.99
Outdoor Tech Tags Wireless Earbuds (White)$59.99
Outdoor Tech Tags Wireless Earbuds (Blue)$59.99
Outdoor Tech DJ Slims Wireless Headphones (Black)$69.99
Outdoor Tech DJ Slims Wireless Headphones (Blue)$69.99
Outdoor Tech DJ Slims Wireless Headphones (White)$69.99
Outdoor Tech Buckshot Rugged Bluetooth Speaker (Blue)$39.99
Outdoor Tech Buckshot Rugged Bluetooth Speaker (Army Green)$39.99
Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker (Black)$99.99
Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker (White)$99.99
Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker (Electric Blue)$99.99
Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker (Seafoam)$99.99
Outdoor Tech Big Turtle Shell Bluetooth Speaker (Black)$229.99
Ventev Powercell 6000+ Battery/Charger$74.99
Incipio offGRID Portable Backup Battery (8000mAh)$53.98
Incipio offGRID Portable Backup Battery (6000mAh)$41.98
Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker (Black)$199.95
- Turning the HTC 7 Pro On and Off
To turn on your device, press and hold the Power button located on the top of the device near the headphone jack. To turn off your device, press and hold Power and it will power off.Collapse
- Waking the HTC 7 Pro/Unlocking the Screen
The power button is also used to unlock the device. Press the power button once and swipe the screen upward from bottom to the top to access the device.Collapse
- Turning on Wi-Fi™
Access a Wi-Fi network by tapping Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi.Collapse
- Setting the Date and Time
How to find it: Menu > Settings > Date & timeCollapse
- Editing Display Settings
How to find it: Menu > Settings > BrightnessCollapse
- Setting the Ringer Volume
To change the ringer volume, press the volume button on the top left of the device.Collapse
- Setting Vibrate Mode
There are two ways to set the device to vibrate instead of ring.
- Press and hold the volume key in the down direction until the display reads "Vibrate."
- Press the volume key once in either direction. When an icon appears in the top-right corner of the display, tap it for vibrate. Tap the icon again to restore the ringer volume.
- Selecting a Contact
To keep from scrolling through a long list of contacts, you can quickly move through the list by tapping the letter at the beginning of any section. This brings up the alphabet in a grid view. Click the letter for the contact's name to see that section of your contact list.
You can also press the search button and type the name of the contact you're looking for.Collapse
- Setting up an Email Account
How to find it: Menu > Settings > Email & Accounts
The email setup wizard will guide you through setting up your email account.Collapse
- Creating a New Email
How to find it: Email > New Email (+)
Enter the recipient's email address, the email subject and your message, and then tap Send.
Tip: Tap the paperclip symbol to attach a file or image.Collapse
- Sending and Receiving Attachments
To send a file in an email, open a new message and tap Attach.
When you receive a message with an attachment, open the message and tap the file name to download it. Tap the name again to open it. Some file formats can be converted to HTML for faster viewing. You will see a button reading Get HTML version if that option is available.
Tip: To send and receive large attachments faster, use a Wi-Fi connection.Collapse
- Transferring Files from a PC
- Connect the device to a PC using the included USB Cable.
- A pop-up message will appear prompting you to download the Zune software. Follow the on-screen prompts.
The Zune software allows you to sync items to and from your PC.Collapse
- Sending a Text Message
- Tap Messaging.
- Tap New Message (+).
- Tap into the "To" filed and begin typing a name.
Note: The "To" field will automatically filter through your contacts as you type.
- Select a contact from the filtered list to add as the recipient.
- Tap into the "type a message" field and type your message.
- Pairing a Headset or Other Bluetooth Device
- Access Bluetooth settings: Menu > Settings > Bluetooth.
Note: Turn Bluetooth off when not in use to maximize battery life.
- Power on Bluetooth and the device you wish to pair with.
- Scan for devices.
- Select the device to pair with.
- Choose Pair in the pop-up menu to establish a connection.
- Access Bluetooth settings: Menu > Settings > Bluetooth.
- Connecting to the Internet
To connect to the Internet, tap Internet Explorer from the home screen.
You can access the Web via the C Spire network or Wi-Fi, where available.
Manage Wi-Fi networks by tapping Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi and tap the network you want to connect.
Note: The Wi-Fi menu can be used to add new networks and manage previously connected networks.
Your phone uses the mobile phone network (over the air) to automatically connect to the Web.Collapse
- Using the Web Browser
How to find it: Home > Internet Explorer.
Note: If you can’t open a browser, contact us via text message using Text CS (click the Text CS icon on your home screen) or call toll-free 1-855-CSPIRE5 (277-4735).Collapse
- Accessing a Website
How to find it: Home > Internet Explorer > Touch Address Bar
Type the website address in the address bar.Collapse
- Selecting Web Links
When you tap a link, your phone outlines it and goes to that page. If you tap and hold the link, your phone shows options like Open in new tab, Copy link or Share.
Tap Menu (...) at the bottom right to see the browser options:
- Share page - Share the page via email or text.
- Find on page - Search the page for keywords.
- Pin to start - Save the current page to your home screen.
- Settings - Change your current browser settings.
- Opening Google Maps
How to find it: Menu > Settings > Maps
Google Maps opens in "Map mode."
Setting Location Sources
Set your phone to determine your location using GPS satellite signals. In the Maps menu, tap Menu (...) > Settings > Use my Location.Collapse
- Finding Your Location
From the main map screen, tap the compass symbol. Your location appears on the map as a yellow dot.
Note: Don't forget to set your location sources.Collapse
- Finding Any Location
- From the Maps main menu tap Search.
- Enter text in the search box like an address, business or city, and then tap Enter.
Tip: If it's an address you've looked up before, select it from the list shown.
- Tap the search box to view the results, and then tap the one you want.
- Getting Directions
- From the Maps main menu, tap the directions arrow.
- Enter a starting-point address or tap and select My current location, Contacts, or Points on map.
- Enter an end-point address or tap and select Contacts or Points on map.
- Tap Enter.
- Downloading an Application
How to find it: Home > Market
Navigate the Market by using the categories at the left of the device or by searching for a specific application.
- To search for an app, click on the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Type the name of the app and push the icon again to search.
- Click on an application to view more information like the description, user ratings, screen shots and developer information.
- Press Try/Buy to download the application.
- Changing the Wallpaper
- Tap Menu > Settings > Lock & Wallpaper.
- Tap Change Wallpaper.
- Select a photo as your wallpaper, or tap the Wallpaper gallery to choose from among the preloaded wallpapers.
- Pinning an Icon to the Home Screen
You can "pin" or add an icon such as a clock, music player or appointment calendar to your home screen. Then, you'll just tap the icon to open the application.
To pin an icon, tap Menu > Press and Hold the Application > Choose Pin to Start.Collapse
- Deleting an Icon from the Home Screen
To delete an icon, tap and hold the icon and choose Unpin (top right corner of the icon).Collapse
- Composing and Sending a Message
How to find it: Menu > Hotmail > Compose (+)
Enter the recipient's email address and your message, and then tap Send.
Tip: Tap Menu for options like Priority and Add Cc/Bcc.Collapse
- Searching Hotmail for a Message
To search in Hotmail for messages, tap Search.Collapse
- Setting Email Notifications
To set email notifications, such as a sound for incoming messages, tap Menu > Settings > Ringtones & sounds and then select the new email notification.Collapse
- Setting up Microsoft Outlook™
How to find it: Menu > Settings > Email & accounts > Add an account > Outlook
- Enter your user name (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your user name and domain name.
- Tap Sign in.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Enter your user name, domain name and server name.
- Locating Wireless Settings
How to find Airplane Mode: Menu > Settings > Airplane ModeCollapse
How to find Wi-Fi: Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi
How to find Bluetooth: Menu > Settings > Bluetooth
How to find Mobile Networks: Menu > Settings > Cellular
- Using Airplane Mode
Use Airplane Mode to turn off all your wireless connections. This allows you to use some of the HTC 7 Pro's functionality while on an airplane.Collapse
- Using Wi-Fi
Use Wi-Fi to connect to wireless networks when your mobile connection is unavailable or when you want to download large files.Collapse
- Using Bluetooth
Use Bluetooth to connect to Bluetooth devices such as headsets, handsfree car kits and other devices.Collapse
- Setting the Unlock Pattern
A screen unlock pattern is a touch gesture you create and use to unlock your phone. To set an unlock pattern, tap Menu > Settings > Lock & Wallpaper > Password. Follow the instructions to draw your pattern and enter your password.Collapse
- Removing the Unlock Pattern, PIN or Password
To turn the lock off, tap Menu > Settings > Lock & Wallpaper > Password > Off.Collapse
- Changing the Unlock Pattern
To change the unlock pattern, tap Menu > Settings > Lock & Wallpaper > Change Password.Collapse