This phone has ...
Android OSAndroid OSYes
Android is an operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
High-Speed Data CapableHigh-Speed Data CapableYes
A high-speed data capable device is capable of accessing C Spire's 3G high-speed wireless network, which means you'll benefit from faster uploads and downloads when connecting to the Internet from the device. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature in order to access the Internet.
Touch ScreenTouch ScreenYes
A device offering touch screen functionality.
Web BrowserWeb BrowserYes
A mobile Web browser is a software application that enables a user to display and interact with text, images, videos, music, games and other information typically located on a Web page. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature to use this device's Web browser.
Some devices have an email client built in while others can download a program for sending and receiving email. Click "List of Features" to learn more about email on this device. You must subscribe to a data plan or feature in order to access email.
An on-board camera will record and display images. A microSD™ card may be required to record images. Saving images to a memory card will reduce the impact large files have on the device's memory capacity.
Bluetooth CapableBluetooth CapableYes
Bluetooth® is a short-range wireless communications technology. Basically, it connects your device to other objects (like a headset) without the use of wires and has a range of about 30 feet.
If a device is "Bluetooth capable," it accepts certain "profiles" which determine what objects can be connected to wirelessly and what type of actions can be performed. Click on "List of Features" to see this devices's Bluetooth profiles. Additional equipment may be required.
An on-board video camera will record and play videos. The number of frames per second at which the video camera records and the length of each recording vary so click on "List of Features" to see this device's video player specifications. A microSD™ card may be required to record video. Saving video files to a memory card will reduce the impact large video files have on the device's memory capacity.
Music PlayerMusic PlayerYes
An on-board music player will support various file formats like MP3, WMA, MIDI, WVA, AAC and more. Supported file formats are specific to each device so click on "List of Features" to see this device's music player specifications. A microSD™ card or USB cable may be required if the device is capable of transferring music from a PC.
A speakerphone is a microphone/loudspeaker combination provided in the device. The loudspeaker broadcasts the voice(s) of those on the other end of the line, while the microphone captures the voice(s) of those using the speakerphone.
Voice CommandVoice CommandYes
Voice command is the ability for a device to respond to spoken commands, such as "Call Home," by understanding the sounds and then completing the action. Voice command converts spoken words to machine-readable input for the purposes of performing certain actions.
Tethering is sharing the Internet connection of an Internet-capable mobile phone with other devices. This sharing can be done over a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), over Bluetooth, or by physical connection using a cable. The Internet-connected mobile phone acts as a portable modem when providing tethering services to other devices.
A 1GB Tethering Pass is available for $20 for 30 days. Learn more about tethering.
Hearing Aid CompatibleHearing Aid CompatibleYes
Devices with a hearing aid-compatible designation are rated in terms of radio frequency emissions and telecoil coupling. Only devices that meet the Federal Communications Commission's guidelines for hearing aid compliance are listed as compatible. Click on "List of Features" to see this device's hearing aid-compatibility rating. For more information, also visit cspire.com/hac.
By the numbers
Battery Type1400 mAh Li-IonBattery Type
The size of the device's battery in milliampere-hours and the type of rechargeable battery. Li-ion is an abbreviation of lithium-ion.
Dimensions4.74" x 2.43" x 0.59" (HxWxD)Dimensions
The height, width and depth of the device, measured in inches.
FrequenciesCDMA 850/1900 MHzFrequencies
The radio frequency bands this device will operate on.
Standby TimeUp to 13 daysStandby Time
The length of time this device will stay charged when not in use or connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Talk TimeUp to 6 hoursTalk Time
The length of time you can talk on a fully charged device. Using other device features at the same time affects this.
The weight of the device, measured in ounces or grams.
- Stereo Earbuds
- Travel Charger
- USB Data Cable
- Quick Start Guide
List of Features
- Android™ 2.2 with live 3-D wallpapers
- Android™ Market - Download apps to expand your phone's capabilities
- 3.8-inch touch-screen display (480x800 LCD)
- 800 MHz Qualcomm S2 processor
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, flash and geotagging
- 720p HD video recording
- World phone capabilities on GSM and CDMA networks (GSM networks require SIM card, sold separately)
- Wi-Fi® connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
- Sliding 4-row QWERTY keyboard
- MP3 music player
- FM radio tuner with stereo earbuds
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Speaker-independent voice dialing
- GPS turn-by-turn navigation and voice guidance featuring Google Maps™ Navigation
- The hottest preloaded apps, including Facebook®, Gmail™, YouTube™ and Amazon MP3™
- One-click access to the C Spire Discover Center and TextCS customer support
- Context-sensitive search button - Search almost anything, anywhere
- Google™ Voice Search
- Flashlight with 3 brightness levels and SOS signal
- Hearing Aid Compatible - M4, T4 rating
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP) Bluetooth® profile - Streams audio in stereo from a phone to headphones
- Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP) Bluetooth® profile - Sends commands from stereo headphones to a phone
- File Transfer (FTP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables one Bluetooth device to view a list of files on another and transfer some files in either direction
- Handsfree (HFP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless speakerphone (e.g., handsfree car kit)
- Headset (HSP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a two-way wireless headset and supports simultaneous two-way (full-duplex) audio
- Object Push (OPP) Bluetooth® profile - Enables one Bluetooth device to transfer (push) an object (image or contact only) to another
- Phone Book Access (PBA) Bluetooth® profile - Enables a handsfree car kit to receive the name of the incoming caller from the phone's contact list
What can my camera do?
Vivid 5 MP Photos Capture the moment with clarity.
Autofocus, Flash and Geotagging Adapts to many different situations.
Pass It On! Send pics through email, Facebook, Flickr and Picasa.
Hi-Def 720p Video Recording Easily share to YouTube.
Great Extras for Your DeviceSee more accessories
Wireless Solutions Vehicle Charger$29.99
Transcend 16GB microSDHC Memory Card$24.99
Transcend 8GB microSDHC Memory Card$14.99
Transcend 4GB microSDHC Memory Card$9.99
Transcend USB Card Reader$10.99
Wireless Solutions Stereo Earbuds$24.99
Motorola HX550 Bluetooth Headset$59.99
- Android Performance Tips
- Make sure you have the latest software installed on your device. Your device's software version can be found in Menu > Settings > About. If there is a newer version of your software, you can download it at our Software Update Hub. Access this information using your computer.
- Make sure to power off and restart your device weekly. You can do this by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds and then selecting "Power Off." You can also remove the battery and reinsert it.
- When charging your phone, use the wall charger that came with your phone.
- Clear the app cache for your apps. We recommend App Cache Cleaner. It's a handy tool that, with one touch, will clean out the application cache of all your applications. Clearing the cache for your applications will help your phone run more smoothly.
- Clear your phone history once a month. History Eraser can clear out your browser history, as well as the call log, text messages, Market search history, Google Map search history, Gmail search history, Clipboard data, YouTube search history, Google search history, all app cache files, and Frequently Called history. Clearing your phone and search history will also improve the performance of your Android device.