News | Events
C Spire Wireless to expand 4G LTE service in Mississippi this summer
Carrier plans to deliver high-speed wireless data services in Mississippi with data speeds up to 10 times faster powered by an advanced fiber optics-based network infrastructure
Ridgeland, Miss. (May 24, 2013) – C Spire Wireless, the only U.S. provider that offers consumers and businesses a suite of personalized wireless services, announced plans today to expand its 4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) high-speed mobile broadband services to nearly a half million consumer and business customers in Mississippi this year.
The company plans to continue the roll out of 4G LTE mobile broadband services beginning in August to new areas that cover 5,993 square miles, a population of 496,000 and 205 cell sites across the state. When completed in November, the new service will provide consumers and businesses in the state with wireless data speeds up to 10 times faster than currently available.
C Spire introduced 4G LTE services last year as part of a multi-million dollar investment to bring the next generation of high-speed wireless technology to consumers in 37 Mississippi markets covering 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and 388 cell sites. 4G LTE service will be available to nearly six out of every 10 consumers and businesses in the state when the latest phase is completed this year.
“4G LTE helps us deliver on our commitment to provide a personalized mobile broadband experience that gives consumers and businesses unmatched speed and reliability powered by an advanced fiber optics-based network infrastructure,” said Kevin Hankins, COO for C Spire Wireless. “We will continue to lead the way with 4G LTE so that our customers have the wireless services that allow them to do what they want to do when they need to do it in more places that matter to them – powered by an infrastructure that moves at the speed of light.”
Expansion planned for 71 cities and 51 counties in Mississippi covering a population of nearly a half million
Hankins said the company plans to continue the roll out of its 4G LTE mobile broadband services in the following new markets, many of which will be the first time consumers will have access to the high-speed technology:
- East Mississippi: including cities of Forest, Morton, Newton and Scooba
- North Mississippi: including cities of Grenada, Winona, Batesville, Courtland, Water Valley and Pope
- Northeast Mississippi: including cities of Louisville, Kosciusko, Caledonia, Eupora, Fulton, Ackerman and Macon
- Northwest Mississippi: including cities of Marks, Jonestown and Lambert
- Central Mississippi: including cities of D’Lo, Florence, Magee, Mendenhall, Terry, Crystal Springs, Hazlehurst, Byram, Raymond and Port Gibson
- Mississippi Delta: including cities of Indianola, Belzoni , Charleston, Jonestown, Lambert, Louise, Rolling Fork, Hollandale, Leland, Rosedale, Drew, Moorhead, Merigold, Mound Bayou, Shaw, Sunflower and Ruleville
- South Mississippi: Lumberton, Waynesboro, Wiggins, Taylorsville, Soso, Beaumont, Bay Springs, Ellisville, Collins, Leaksville, Purvis, Prentiss, Picayune, Poplarville, Sumrall and Seminary
- Mississippi Gulf Coast: including cities of Long Beach, Pass Christian, Waveland, Bay St. Louis and Diamondhead
- Southwest Mississippi: including cities of Meadville, Summit and Tylertown
The company also plans to extend 4G LTE services in 21 cities and 6 counties in south Alabama and along the Florida panhandle by the end of the year.
Mississippi business leaders praised C Spire for its wireless technology infrastructure investment and the resulting benefits to consumers and businesses with high-speed data communication needs.
Tony Jeff, president and CEO of Innovate Mississippi, said the expanded deployment of 4G LTE services in the state will help both consumers and small businesses. “Wireless broadband can be one of the great equalizers for consumers and businesses – eliminating time and space restrictions and making it easier to compete and lower prices while increasing performance and productivity,” Jeff said. “C Spire is helping make that a reality with technology investments that will ensure the long-term economic competitiveness of our state.”
For more information about C Spire’s 4G LTE plans, go to www.cspire.com/4G.
About C Spire Wireless
C Spire Wireless is a diversified wireless communications company passionately committed to helping customers by personalizing wireless services designed just for them. The company is the first wireless provider in the U.S. to personalize customers’ experience by offering apps that fit who they are, services that anticipate their needs, and rewards for using their phone in new ways – all with seamless ease and at amazingly fast speeds. This news release and other announcements are available at www.cspire.com/news. For more information about C Spire Wireless and its products and services, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire or Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire or Google + or www.pinterest.com/cspirewireless