News | Events
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Android Smartphone Arrives On Nation's Only Personalized Network
C Spire Wireless combines exclusive suite of personalized services with its first 4G LTE smartphone featuring 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 4.3-inch touchscreen, dual cameras and 8 GB of memory
Ridgeland, Miss. (September 10, 2012) – C Spire Wireless, the only U.S. wireless provider that offers a suite of personalized services, announced the introduction today of the Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE® smartphone, which blends a powerful set of advanced features perfect for consumers and business professionals.
The Android™-touchscreen smartphone, which features a full QWERTY keyboard, is the first 4G-enabled device available from C Spire with the company’s commercial launch today of its next-generation Long Term Evolution (LTE) network offering customers the fastest wireless experience available.
“We’re excited that the Motorola PHOTON Q is the first 4G LTE device to launch on the nation’s only personalized network optimized for the next generation of high-speed data services,” said Kevin Hankins, chief operating officer for C Spire Wireless.
Hankins said the PHOTON Q features a slide out PC-like QWERTY keyboard, laser-cut keys with LED light so users can see what they’re doing, even in the dark, and a dedicated number row for maximum typing efficiency and accuracy.
With a large 4.3-inch ColorBoost™ display, the Motorola PHOTON Q offers the largest screen available on a 4G LTE smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard. The device also features an 8-megapixel digital zoom rear-facing camera with 1080p capture and playback along with an HD front-facing camera that offers a perfect blend of business and pleasure on C Spire’s amazingly fast and personalized 4G LTE network.
- 1.5 GHZ dual-core processor
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile operating system
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google+Hangout™ and access to millions of books and songs, thousands of movies and TV shows and over 600,000 apps and games available for download from Google Play™
- 8 GB internal memory with capacity for up to 32 GB Micro SD storage
- Business ready security, productivity and connectivity features, including government-grade encryption to protect email, contacts and calendar data and VPN security for remote access to corporate systems
- SMARTACTIONS™, the free Motorola app that helps extend battery life and intelligently automates routine daily tasks and makes suggestions to improve and personalize the device
- One-click Mirror Mode enables users to view and share photos, videos and downloaded movies on a flat screen monitor or television via an HDMI cable output (cable sold separately)
- NFC support to share links, apps, YouTube™ clips and more with Android Beam™
- An embedded 1785 mAh battery with up to 7.5 hours of continuous talk time and up to 220 hours of standby time1
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola PHOTON Q is available online at www.cspire.com, in all C Spire Wireless retail stores and through the company’s telesales group at 1.855.277.4734 or its Assist for Business Support Center at 1.855.277.4732 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement with data services.
C Spire is launching 4G LTE services in 31 Mississippi markets between now and the end of October. An additional 6 markets will be added by the end of 2012 as part of the company’s multi-million dollar investment. The markets will cover 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and 364 cell sites.
4G LTE services on C Spire’s personalized network means that consumers and businesses will be able to download apps and game faster, open files almost instantly, do real-time video chat, surf the mobile web and stream movies, music and video at speeds up to 10 times faster than before.
For more information on the Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE smartphone and other C Spire 4G LTE devices, services and plans, go to www.cspire.com/4g.
1All talk and standby times are approximate and depend on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, voice and data mix, and features selected
LTE is a trademark of ETSI./i>
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Android, Google, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps, Google+Hangout and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners.
Android, Google Mobile, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google+ Hangouts, and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.
About C Spire Wireless
C Spire Wireless is a diversified wireless communications company passionately committed to helping customers by personalizing wireless services designed just for them. The company is the first wireless provider in the U.S. to personalize customers’ experience by offering apps that fit who they are, services that anticipate their needs, and rewards for using their phone in new ways – all with seamless ease and at amazingly fast speeds. This news release and other announcements are available at www.cspire.com/news. For more information about C Spire Wireless and its products and services, visit www.cspire.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cspire or Twitter at www.twitter.com/cspire or Google + or www.pinterest.com/cspirewireless