The schools will be broken into 3 categories based on size. Each
category winner will win $1,000. The grand prize winner takes
$6,000 in scholarship money back to their school, as well as some
bragging rights. The winning video will also be broadcast at the
final Bright Lights: Football game on October 4, 2012 at the
Picayune vs. Pascagoula game.
Prior to submitting your video, you must submit a publicity release to C Spire at firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER: Submissions should not include copyrighted or trademarked items.
For More details download the contest flyer Download Flyer
Please wait while we upload your media...
Please try again.
C Spire WirelessTM BRIGHT LIGHTS FOOTBALL SCHOOL SPIRIT VIDEO Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
2. ELIGIBILITY: THE CONTEST IS ONLY INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS, WHICH MUST INCLUDE GRADE TWELVE (12) STUDENTS ("HIGH SCHOOLS") IN MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA AND TENNESSEE WHO HAVE AGREED TO THESE CONTEST RULES AND HAVE EXECUTED AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE AGREEMENT, in which Entrant warrants and represents, among other things, that it has obtained the necessary consents, permissions, and publicity and liability releases required in order to make the contest submission (the "Submission"), including individuals involved in preparation of the Submission, and individuals whose appearance or voice is incorporated in the Submission, and that Entrant takes full responsibility for same. Employees, contingent staff persons, officers and directors, together with relatives (parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and spouses of each) and/or those living in the same households, of C Spire and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are ineligible to participate in the Contest or win any contest prize. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings and grandchildren. Limit one (1) entry per High School. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Overall Contest Period will be from 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time on August 24, 2012, until 12 p.m. Central Standard Time on September 30, 2012.
4. CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT AND HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, Entrants must maintain or register to create a C Spire Wireless Profile at www.cspire.com. The Contest is offered electronically on the Internet. Entrants may visit www.cspire.com/spirit and follow the instructions to submit a video (a "Submission") that creatively showcases your school spirit and what makes you proud of your High School. Entrants must submit the number of students in their High School, in order to be placed in the correct contest categories, as specified below in Rule 5. Submissions may include, but are not limited to, school sports, bands, classes and/or clubs.
All eligible entrants who meet the eligibility requirements who submit and have an original video approved for the predetermined categories during the Contest Period are entered into the Contest.
Entrant understands and agrees that by entering in the Contest, Entrant's Submission may receive exposure on C Spire's website and social media properties and may be subjected to comments, popularity ratings and votes from the public at large. C Spire is not responsible in any manner for any critical or otherwise undesirable remarks posted by the public concerning Entrant or the Submission.
- The Submission must be between one (1) minute and two (2) minutes;
- The Submission must comply with the Creative Assignment requirements in this Rule 4.
- Acceptable sources for content include sources for which the content does not violate any trademarks or copyrights of any third party. This means do NOT use copyrighted music, cover songs, images or other content.
- The Submission must be authorized, which means Entrant has the legal right and all permissions and authorizations necessary to submit the Submission in the Contest from any and all persons and/or legal guardians of persons appearing in the Submission.
- C Spire reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter or modify Entrant's Submission without notification or consent from Entrant.
- All statements and assertions of fact made in the course of making Submission and contained in the Submission are true and accurate.
- The content uploaded by Entrant does not transmit or contain viruses or other computer programming content intended to damage, interfere with or otherwise detrimentally effect or compromise any system.
C Spire reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission for violation of these Contest Rules and at any time for any reason or no reason.
5. PRIZES AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: Prizes will be awarded on the following basis:
One Best Overall Prize: $5,000 School Spirit Scholarship.
Three Category Prizes as follows:
- Best Submission of High School with up to 500 students - $1,000 School Spirit Scholarship
- Best Submission of High School with 500 to 1,000 students - $1,000 School Spirit Scholarship
- Best Submission of High School with 1,000 or more students - $1,000 School Spirit Scholarship
The prizes will be awarded based on how the content submission aligns with the following judging criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
- Panel of Judges Decision- 30%
- Adherence to Creative Assignment-30%
- Viewer Votes- 40%
The Viewer Votes portion of the Judging Criteria will be allotted and awarded based on the number of viewer votes received by each entry located at cspire.com/spirit during the Contest Period.
By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees that the Submission complies with the requirements set forth in these Contest Rules, that C Spire has the right to utilize and publish the content of Entrant in any manner it wishes, and Entrant agrees to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release and such other documents and agreements as C Spire may request in order for C Spire to utilize Entrant's Submission. Failure of Entrant to cooperate in such manner will result in the Submission being rejected and forfeiture of the prize if any.
There will be no substitution for prizes. Prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will may remain the property of C Spire. Another winner may not be selected in C Spire's sole discretion.
C Spire's decision shall be final in all matters pertaining to the prizes and this Contest.
6. PUBLICITY AND RIGHTS. By submitting an entry, Entrant agrees to and thereby does waive any and all property rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights or moral rights that exist in Entrant's Submission and any derivative works made there from.
By entering a Submission, Entrant represents, warrants and undertakes that the Submission is (i) Entrant's original work and that Entrant has the sole right to submit it to the Contest; (ii) Submission does not violate in any way the rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property right;, and (iii) does not violate any applicable laws. C Spire is not responsible or liable for any disputes between individuals arising under or related to the Contest.
In the event that Entrant breaches any of Entrant's representations, warranties or undertakings contained in these Contest Rules, Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless C Spire from and against any and all damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), losses, and claims of any kind or nature which are incurred by C Spire as a result of Entrant's breach.
Entrant grants C Spire a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, play, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to Entrant's Submission on a worldwide basis and/or include the Submission in other works in any media now known or later created forever. Entrant agrees and grants C Spire permission to make available and display/perform and otherwise the Submission in all media in perpetuity without compensation. Except where legally prohibited, submission of a Submission into this Contest constitutes Entrant's representation that it has obtained the appropriate permissions for C Spire to use Entrant's and all persons appearing the Submission's names, photograph, likeness, voice, address (city and state) and testimonials, in printed, broadcast media or new media, in perpetuity, in any manner it deems appropriate in connection with promoting itself or this Contest, without further compensation in connection with this Contest or the prizes awarded. Entrant agrees that this license includes the right for C Spire to make any such content available to other third parties for their broadcast, publication, distribution or use. Featuring a Submission by C Spire on its website or social media properties is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee the submission will win a prize.
Entrant understands that C Spire may create content similar or identical to the Submission and that Entrant is not entitled to compensation by reason of C Spire's use of such similar or identical content.
7. INDEMNITY. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold C Spire harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that Entrant's participation in the Contest or Entrant's Submission. By participating, Entrant agrees that C Spire's involvement in the development, production, implementation and distribution of this Contest and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or the Contest shall not be liable for any and all claims, damages, losses or injuries, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this Contest, including entry and participation in this Contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes. Entrant agrees that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, Entrant will indemnify and hold C Spire harmless from any and all such claims, damages, costs, and expenses (including the attorneys' fees) related thereto. C Spire shall not be responsible for any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION. C SPIRE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION IN EITHER CONTRACT OR TORT, FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCURRED BY ENTRANT, SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ECONOMIC LOSSES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF THE DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION AND/OR USE OF CSPIRE.COM, ITS SOCIAL MEDIA PROPERTIES (THE "SITES"), CONTENT ON THE SITES OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITES, THE APPLICATIONS, THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER C SPIRE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY C SPIRE'S NEGLIGENCE, TO THE FULL EXTENT SAME MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY. C SPIRE MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSIES, CLAIMS OR DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN ENTRANT AND C SPIRE, WHETHER IN TORT OR IN CONTRACT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY C SPIRE, INCLUDING ACCESS AND/OR USE OF THE SITES AND/OR ANY APPLICATIONS, WHETHER ARISING BEFORE OR AFTER THE CONTEST PERIOD, MUST BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL DISPUTES BASED ON ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, ADVERTISING OR CONTEST PROVIDED BY C SPIRE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCESS AND/OR USE OF THE SITES AND APPLICATIONS. SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE BEFORE A PANEL CONSISTING OF THREE ARBITRATORS AT A LOCATION IN THE GREATER JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI METROPOLITAN AREA. SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE BINDING UPON BOTH YOU AND C SPIRE AND SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA") UNDER ITS RULES, INCLUDING THE SELECTION OF THE ARBITRATORS, WHICH SHALL BE ACCOMPLISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF THE AAA. THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATORS SHALL BE FINAL, AND JUDGMENT MAY BE ENTERED UPON IT IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF. THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE THAT THE PREVAILING PARTY IN SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER THE COSTS OF SUCH ARBITRATION FROM THE OTHER PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE SHALL BE SPECIFICALLY ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF. PROVIDED, HOWEVER, MATTERS OF $1,500 OR LESS IN ALLEGED VALUE (BEFORE COSTS, INTEREST AND ALLOWABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, IF ANY) MAY BE FILED IN ANY COURT WITH JURISDICTION THEREOVER AND THERE TRIED BY ANY PARTY, UNLESS COUNTER-CLAIMS OR OTHER CLAIMS IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $1,500 (SUBJECT TO THE SAME EXCLUSIONS) ARE ASSERTED BY ANY PARTY. IN THE LATTER CASE, THE ENTIRE MATTER AND ALL CLAIMS BEFORE THE COURT SHALL BECOME SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION HEREUNDER UPON WRITTEN REQUEST OF ANY PARTY FILED WITH THE COURT WITHIN THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS OF ACTUAL NOTICE OF THE FILING OF SUCH COUNTER-CLAIMS OR OTHER CLAIMS.
C SPIRE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE OFFICIAL RULES WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
9. OFFICIAL WINNERS. Winners will be contacted at the telephone, address and/or email address provided during registration for the Contest. The winners will be announced on C Spire's website. For a copy of the Official Winners' announcement (available approximately October 15, 2012) mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 15, 2012 to: C Spire BRIGHT LIGHTS FOOTBALL SCHOOL SPIRIT VIDEO Announcement, 1018 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 340, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
This Contest is sponsored and organized by C Spire, 1018 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 340, Ridgeland, MS 39157. The decision of C Spire management in their interpretation of these Official Rules is final. By participating in the Contest Entrant agrees to be bound by the decisions of C Spire's management, the decisions of the Contest judges, and these Official Rules. Entrant's participation in the Contest shall be deemed to be Entrant's complete acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth herein by C Spire.
C Spire, its representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in Prize delivery.
10. CHILDREN AND MINORS. Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), C Spire will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent. Additional information can be found on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission web site.
Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 by C Spire WirelessTM, a service provided by Cellular South, Inc.